Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sempurnakah Iman Kita?

I have been through a lot these past few months, from personal to career and even my future. I am swamped. To take my mind off some things, I have started attending this usrah and that takes up my Ugly Betty slot, its OK, I can watch the re-run.

So far I've attended 3 sessions and when I started, I promised myself, if this forum ever got political, I would do my best to block out what others are saying, and focus on what really matters, keeping my faith strong and learning Islam.

Nowadays people tend to loose sight and finding excuses to mix the two. No doubt that Islam and politic are interrelated, but in Malaysia, people are confusing between the two. Religion is being manipulated in politics and I don't fancy that.

More often than not during the usrah we were debating, and keep on making references. Always the case the sentence would sound like this..." Bagi mereka yang tidak sempurna imannya....."
I started to ask myself, is it really 'mereka'? or is it 'kita'? I always believe that my 'Iman' is not perfect and can never be no matter how much good deeds and 'ibadah' that I do it can never be. And that is why, I am still required to continue my 'ibadah' and in the hope that it is accepted.

Many people (some religious ones) have the 'holier than thou' attitude. I have a feeling that sometimes during the usrah these behaviour surfaces. If I stick to my hardhead stigma, I would have walked away but I know my intention is to learn and I will stick to that. Just have to keep reminding myself not to fall in the grey area. Always be true to myself and stay grounded.

InsyaAllah.

No comments: