Thursday, July 2, 2009

Travelog Umrah : The Places

  1. We went to 2 main places, first Madinah, then Mekah. I was asked which one I like better? Mekah or Madinah? Well, there is pro and cons for each places. Both are equally good, but I like both for different reason.
  2. I like Madinah for its calm city. Not much traffic near Masjid Nabawi and the city itself is better planned.
  3. I like Mekah for Masjidil Haram. Despite being the holy place, the area is chaotic and loud with heavy traffic after each prayer time.
  4. For the mosque, I like Masjidil Haram more. It’s a family mosque. No separate entrance for men and women. A guy can send his old mother right to the place she sits during prayer and later picks her back at the same spot. This way, the son can be fully responsible of the mothers well being.
  5. The rest of ziarah places are optional and good to appreciate Islamic history. There were also trips to Gua Hira' but I did not joined because I was too tired that day. However at each and every places that we stopped, sure enough there will be sort of mini bazaar going on.

pictures will come later :)

2 comments:

Asma Wan said...

Nak pergi...

Guess what? When I went to Bosnia with my family, my dad did his Umrah. It was last minute but I was liek, ''kenapa tak plan dgn Asma?''

:(

Some other time then

knitfreak-to-be said...

Insyaallah...nanti akan sampai jugak :) you have the heart, its like one foot in the barrel already kan?