Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Little Bit of This.....

Its been a while I have written, despite that I have so many things to talk about.

I watched the 2 eposides of History Channel special on Tun Dr M last Sunday. He will always be my favorite PM of all time and definitely best leader after Prophet Muhammad PBUH. My respect for him is even more than before after seeing the documentary. Despite all the allegation that were thrown to him, I believe that all the things that he have done for Malaysia are for the people's best interest, although people themselves did not acknowledge it. He is a no-nonsense person and speaks from the heart.

Maybe there are things that he did wrong, but hey, he is human to you know, and we humans make mistake. I was closed to reduced to tears when he said in the documentary that he failed in his 22 years to develop the Malay. I say he did not, although it was not a 100% success, but he did managed to shift Malay mindset, develop more Malay professionals than British or anybody could ever anticipated in short 50 years period. Not to mentioned, Malaysians graduate are employed worldwide more than ever before. I for one, is a product of his tenure, and so far am proud of myself and satisfied of what Malaysia has given me so far.

I have this quote on my workstation from him to get through the day,

"We must not antagonise everyone. We must win their hearts and minds. We must win them to our side, not by begging for help from them, but by the honorable way that we struggle to help ourselves. We must not strengthen the enemy by pushing everyone into their camps through irresponsible and unIslamic acts. "

Dr Mahathir Mohamad

Oct 16, 2003 in speech to a summit of 57 Islamic countries

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
On another note, I watched the Barca-Real match on Monday and it was an entertaining ones. I only managed to catch the second half. Although C.Ronaldo was taken out due to injury, but the whole game was fast paced and both teams did their best. Barca is brilliant at counter attacking and Ibrahimovich goal is a result of precise pass from (I can't remember who) . Real did work hard but Puyol and Pique proves to be the solid defence Barca is ever thank for. Valdes was not tested much compared to Casillas on the other side (at least for the second half that I watched).
I have not seen much of Kaka, but believe me once he and C. Ronaldo found their pace, these duo will become unstoppable. However, Messi who has just been announced Ballon d'or (aka European Footballer of the Year) for 2009 is yet the true star. He can get the ball, entangled by 3-4 players and still managed to get away with it. His agility and quick footwork is amazing, and so does Iniesta.

I have always like La Liga compared to BPL. As a Portugal fan, if at all they made it for the final in SA, their greatest rival would be the Spanish team. Many of the Portuguese players either had played or now playing in La Liga, and the patterns and way of playing are very much similar. German would be the one to fear as well, but am thinking Spanish is much bigger threat.

There it is, a little bit of this and a little bit of that....

No comments: